Why do I feel like it’s hair week? I see the latest fashion magazines; go through latest fashion vogues over the internet; and the datelines encircle hairstyles, haircuts, hair colours, etc. So, I decided to dedicate another blog post to hair-crafts. There are some hair colours—blonde, brunette, black—that will always be a trend in every season. Changing your hair colour leads to a drastic change in your personal as well as social life. It gives you a new hope, a new look, a new aspect and a new impression. But wait, do you know why you are born with a particular hair colour? There were many stereotypical notions about hair colour and personality, but scientific researchers have proved it too.
Did you ever wonder that how much of your personality is wrapped in your hairs! The hair colour with which you are born, you have the genes for it, it is your DNA. There is a reason why it is so. Do all blondes are dumb? Do all redheads have a fiery temper? Are all brunettes very attractive? Surprised? Don’t worry, this is what I will clarify with scientific evidences. If you ‘ve gotten bored with your natural hair colour and feel like going for funky hair colours like royal blue, purple, pink, emerald green or red—and are doubtful, just go for it. But, first have a look on the characteristics that your natural hair colour imparts you.
Blonde is a very rare hair colour globally, naturally occurring in America and Northern Europe. Until recently it was assumed that this hair colour was a result of genetic drift—trait passed on by ancient traders and travellers who visited these countries, centuries ago. Now with recent research, it has been established that a single gene is responsible for this colour trait. The blond hair colour of natives is subjected to a diet rich in fish, as well as sun exposure. The scientific studies do not substantiate the ‘dumb blond’ theories that have influenced our thinking.
- Blondes are commonly admired and sought after for their spirit of fun.
- One interesting fact is that blondes are more challenged in longer relationships than the other hair shades, with higher divorce rate, and are sometimes considered as ‘High Maintenance.”
Brunette hair shade is most prevalent in Africa, Asia and Europe populations, and throughout the UK, it is regarded as most desirable hair colour. For those who want a validation of their professional impact, for your information, most Nobel Prize Laureates are brunettes! The one medical or physical concern for brunettes is their increased probability of balding and hair loss compared to the other shades.
- Brunettes are known for their hard work and determined spirit, but are also known to occasionally give up on a goal unexpectedly.
- There seems to be a greater degree of success in work and relationships among the brunette seat, as they are seen as attractive, trustworthy, intelligent, hardworking and approachable.
Is it true?
The view of society toward red hair is varied throughout the world. In the UK red hair is highly valued and respected and tends to bring a certain status to those with it. The way red hair has come about is through a mutation of a gene in chromosome number 16.
- From a medical standpoint, red heads produce a reduced quantity of anti-stress hormone, and as a result their reputation as hotheads or excitable may have some basis in fact.
- Red heads are also regarded as passionate, romantic and mysterious.
- They are considered as very sensitive being. Not only do they tear-up over the slightest sad or sentimental gesture, they grasp the hilarity within the most over-looked part of any joke.
Black Hair Colour
Classically if gentlemen prefer blondes, the women seem to look to the opposite end of the colour spectrum. Men with black hair are of great appeal to women. Those with black hair tend to be seen as deeply introspective, meditative, with an inclination to some melancholia.
- People with black hair colour tend to be known for their interest in poetry, religion or spiritual matters, and may become consumed in self-doubt.
- They may be viewed as self-centred, but also can be quite successful in certain helping careers, such as a Psychiatrist or therapist.
Is it really like this? Well, in my case it is actually very true.