If you are tired of having dentures, and looking for a more natural alternative, we’ve got you covered with the latest dentures.
The latest snap-in denture is a removable prosthesis that keeps the shape of your smile. These can be made from porcelain, plastic or metal and have a thin acrylic framework to hold them in position. They are held in place by acrylic bands that snap tightly over the underlying jawbone. By using dental implants to restore missing teeth and keep them positioned correctly, you can develop a beautiful smile again.
Let us now understand more about the latest dentures,
What are Snap on Dentures?
The latest dentures are a great option for patients who have lost or damaged teeth, or who have certain health that restrict their ability to place a dental crown. These devices feature an arch of dental crowns and small metal posts known as implants. Once the implants are placed into the jawbone, it will take two to six months for them to bond together. Once anchored in place, the dentures are attached to them.
How to Take Care of Snap-in Dentures?
Taking care of the latest dentures is easy. For cleaning these latest dentures, you need to clean them every day using an extra soft toothbrush along with a mild liquid soap or some denture paste. Apart from cleaning the dentures one must also ensure to clean the connectors, too, by gently scrubbing it. Lastly, one must not forget to clean their mouth, gum tissue, the roof of their mouth, tongue, and their implant abutments.
What are the Benefits of Snap-in Dentures?
Snap-in dentures have several benefits when compared with conventional dentures which includes:
- The latest snap-in dentures are more stable than conventional dentures. These dentures can be removed daily and are less likely to become loose while speaking.
- Helps to ease and improve chewing ability. People with snap-in dentures are able to eat harder and stickier foods.
- Snap-in dentures are more comfortable and tend to fit better than conventional dentures. The snug fit of these dentures reduces friction on the gums making it more preferable than conventional dentures.
- Helps you get the natural denture look.
What are the Different Types of Snap-in Dentures?
Snap in dentures are mainly of two types:
- Removable snap-in dentures
- Fixed snap-in dentures
While both these types of dentures have their own benefits and drawbacks, let us understand the difference between them.
- Removable dentures are great for people who only want to use them for a few days. They can be taken out each night, cleaned and then replaced in their original position before bed. On the other hand fixed dentures are more permanent, typically have different cleaning processes, and can only be removed by a dentist.
- Removable implants dentures are more likely to fall out of place than fixed dental crowns. This is because they have no method of securing the denture to the implant and are attached solely by artificial means.
- Fixed dentures cost more, mostly because they may require more implants or an additional attachment bar to safely secure the denture in place.
Who is Eligible to Get a Snap-in Denture?
Having missing teeth can leave some feeling self-conscious. It’s not just your smile that suffers, but your self-confidence as well. But there is a way to boost both with the right type of dentures. Especially for those people who are missing the majority of their teeth either due to injury, dental cavities, or periodontal disease can consider snap-in dentures.
Snap-on dentures are a viable and effective option for a number of people. Just remember to consider both the benefits and disadvantages so that you can make a fully informed decision. Depending on the type of denture you choose, you may find the best snap-in dentures for you. With the right treatment plan and care, snap-ins can be a suitable solution for your smile. If you are looking for a dental clinic to get snap-in dentures feel free to contact Spring Dental that offers the best dental services in North Quincy.