In present Kedarkantha is the topmost hiking of the Uttarakhand Himalayas. Kedarkantha Trek is situated in the Uttarkashi district of Uttarakhand. It starts from a conventional village of Sour – Sankri which lies in the Govind Wildlife Sanctuary national park. The Sankri is a very pleasant place set besides by the mountains and breezy climate and weather. In the sour village, there are several fairs, and rituals.
The altitude of the Kedarkantha trek is 3800 meters above the sea level. Which makes this trek more captivating. A fair is conducted and celebtared near Kedarkantha, and people from different villages come here to enjoy the fair.
- Always listen to your guide.
- Keep 3-4 pairs of woolen socks as they get wet in the snow if you don’t then it would be hard to spend the night.
- Avoid carrying one big plate individually instead carry a lunch box.
- Carry maximum tissue papers.
- Take a small backpack where you can keep your essentials like mobile, water bottles, power bank, etc.
- Have basic medications with prescriptions.
- Keep the torch with your all-important stuff.
- 2 sweatshirts would be sufficient to wear, also keep 1 rock jacket that is suitable under very cold weather and 1 waterproof trek pants.
- Follow your guide and walk behind him/her to walk fast and slip less. Besides, always walk in the direction of the side of the mountain and avoid the valley side.
- Do carry Sunglasses which will help you see the site in snow-covered areas.
- Have good rest and enough sleep to avoid tiredness during trekking.
- The Himalayas are deemed as Heaven in India, so being a responsible citizen don’t let yourself litter this environment.
- Don’t utilize ‘ Use and Throw ‘ plates that would make the surroundings dirty.
- While moving down from the peak, don’t have in the snow in excitement. Some areas of the summit have concealed roots of trees beneath the snow which are invisible due to the snow. Follow the instruction that the guide instructs you to.
- Don’t carry a plethora of clothes in your baggage as it will lead you to carry heavy stuff. And it will make your journey lethargic. Besides this, don’t make frequent attempts to wear and change clothes as no one changes in that freaking cold.
- Avoid drinking during trekking as it can put you in trouble and can cause breathing problems at high altitudes.
- Don’t start trekking impulsively. Ensure that you are physically fit for this trek, for this trek snow trek take you in the direction of elevated altitudes where the path is narrow and the wind is the strongest.
- Avoid walking in the direction of the valley side, instead, lean more towards the mountains to prevent yourself from any kind of accident.
- Avoid putting on loud music while trekking as it distracts the flora and fauna of the ecosystem. let’s be a responsible trekkers.
Important Facts About Kedarkantha Trek:
- The quite interesting fact about the Kedarkantha trek is that from here also the aesthetic mountain range of the Himalayas can be seen. These are Swargarohini peaks – 1, 2, 3 (6300 mtr ), Black peak (6387 mtr), Bandarpunch peak.
- All the mountains can be seen clearly from here such as the Rupin pass range, etc.
- All the treks are visible from Har Ki Dun Valley and Ruinsara Valley.
Kedarkantha Trek is a very beautiful Trek. People should visit this place at least one time in their life. Kedarkantha is the Uttarakhand state of India. It is accessible by Bus or by flight also. Kedarkantha trek gives you a full view of the beautiful mountains covered in snow. You get to see beautiful rivers flowing down your pathway. The experience that you will have in Kedarkantha trek, you will not have on any other trek. You can visit here with friends or with family. Hundreds of accommodation options available here.
You can stay in tents or camps. There are many companies that offers the kedarkantha trek accommodation. You can book from any of them with good and descent reviews. Plan an itinerary according to our convenience. As per the dates that you have. And plan your flight/train accordingly as per the connectivity.